Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Memory(ies)

I have a great LONG TERM memory...short term, not so much!! Sometimes I wish I didn't...because I remember everything. I remember when somebody says somebody did them wrong, and then later makes them sound perfect...I think well what about this? I remember when people gossip and say stuff about other people and then when they move away, act like they are losing their best friend. I remember alot of details that many would forget....and I tend to hold that against people when I see that looking back, they have harmed these people without even knowing it. For these reasons, I am very glad that I am taking a break from Facebook..

Memories on the other hand....memories are little tidbits of time stored away to look on in later years. Memories are what you make with time spent with you family...not money spent. Memories are kept in journals and pictures. Sometimes they are great memories other times they are reminders of what is no longer. That is what happened to me this morning....Looking through some old pictures, I ran across JC's old car - the one he loved and sold to help try to keep our home. I ran across pictures of the boys and JC in the pool, the pool in the yard of the home we lost. I ran across pictures of our Blondie girl...the dog we had to give away when we lost the home and the back yard in which she had lived her whole life. I didn't cry. I didn't want to upset JC or Jeremy...but my heart cracked in two. It's been almost 2 years...I thankfully don't think of these things often...but today I am mourning what is no longer. It's a small pity party. I know that what is here will one day be gone. I know one day I will have a mansion all of my own, with my Saviour & King. I know that I am forgiven even today as I sin by placing more importance on these material things then necessary.

Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. - Matthew 18:18

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. - John 14:2-3

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. - Matthew 6:19-21

No comments: