Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Feeling Better - Physically, Spiritually, and Mentally

Well, the antibiotics are working and making my head less fuzzy, my ear pain less painful, and the sinus pressure less pressing!  Mentally, my brain feels at rest.  Spiritually, I feel that I have overcome this latest spiritual battle.

I have told a few people about my insecurities in knowing if I made the right decision in refusing to allow James to stay at his friend's house with no parents.  I have been second-guessing myself, or should I say, the Devil has been working on me.  My boss told me that I stood my ground and I let my son and his friends know that I will stand for what I believe in.  Several people agreed that they would do the same thing.  I am glad I did it and I pray that my relationship with my children does not become dysfunctional just as mine with my parents was when I was their age. It is hard to believe they are 14. I look at them and think back to when I was 14 and what a difference it makes.

We are gearing up to start working on the Give a Kid a Chance program with the church for the summer.  I will start making the calls tomorrow.  I am very excited.  We are also going to be working in Cabarrus County on May 5th doing Operation In As Much.  Right now we have approximately 150 volunteers and are hoping to get more signed up this Sunday.  I love working with my church.  I love working with Jesus Christ's Church.  I found these Bible verses about serving:

Blessed are the Givers
Acts 20:35
"In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"
  • Love Your Neighbor
Galatians 5:13-14
For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
  • Jesus came to Serve
Mark 10:44-45
and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be slave of all. "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

If Jesus came to serve and then he died on the cross for ME, not as an observer, but as a participant....I am the reason he hung on that cross.  My sins caused his agony....why then shouldn't I obey His word and serve others with my time, my money, and my whole heart??  I love you Jesus.  Thank you for giving me hope and love when I don't deserve it.  Thank you for making me who I am inside.  Thank you for giving me a church family who makes it a priority to serve those in need.

The birds are still doing well.  It has gotten quite cold the past few days and I worry about them...but so far...so good.  Our fence is finally completed and we are thrilled with it.  Here is a picture of our happy girl

No comments: