Sunday, April 08, 2012

I am Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

So yesterday as I was taking my shower, I had a little talk with God. I wish I could tell you I heard him clearly, but I can't. What I heard as I asked him to help change my heart, change my mind, and change my thoughts about myself, I was reminded of this passage - "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well." - Psalm 139:14. I thought to myself that I should make this my life verse even if just for this minute....because I NEED to know this in my heart. I NEED to hear it, I NEED to see it when I look in the mirror. So I am commiting to myself to say this each time I look in the mirror. I believe it will help...Satan is telling me it won't, but I won't listen to Satan's lies. I am believing this is what I need to hear so that I feel like I am worth something....so that I feel important...so that I feel loved. I know He loves me....I just NEED to love myself enough to want to feel and look better. I don't want to lose weight to feel sexy or to wear better clothes, I want to be healthy, I want to be able to minister and serve other people, but as long as I am unhealthy, I am not able to serve Him the way I should.

I am also commiting to fasting from Facebook for a week starting today. I need to be away from the drama. I ned to spend more time and energy doing what is important to God and to me. I need a break from the devil's lair - I believe Facebook is a great tool to remain in contact with friends and share pictures, but I also believe Satan is using it to spread jealousy and envy and hurting the relationships in the church. This discontent is what Satan wants...he wants the Church to be separated by angst and it is working. God Bless us All! Heavenly Father, we need you now. Please help us learn to love one another as you first loved us. Please give us the strength to fight off the attacks of Satan. Please give us the opportunity to share your Word with others, rather it is by mouth, by giving out tracks, by paying for others to go on a mission trip, by going on a mission trip ourselves, or just by serving and loving on your children. I will not believe the lies that Satan is telling us, that you have to be the one to always go out into the world to tell. I believe the way I tell is by my service and love. I NEED you Lord. I need to work on getting my body into condition so I can serve you more and better. I need to work on getting my mind into condition to understand my children so we aren't always at each other's throats. I need to work on getting my heart into a condition that I love and not envy. I NEED to do a lot of work, but with your help, I know I can do this. "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13.

No comments: