Sunday, January 31, 2010

Book Review: Time for Grace by Kate Welsh

I used to love to read all the time when I was younger. School, work, house, family, errands, and just life seem to get in the way...but lately, I have been reading a lot. This book, Time for Grace was very good and I finished it in about 3 hours this morning. I cried many times through the book because alot of the feelings in the book made me remember some old feelings from my childhood. I am going to write a LONG quote...almost a whole page below because it hit me in my face so hard, I had re-read it several times..this is a good short love inspired book and is a great read for those who love reading Christian romances.

"whatever your answer is, whatever theirs is, you have to let go of your portion of this. You need to pray for them. You have to forgive them before your anger moves to hate. Anger and hate are both destructive emotions. They drag us down and only serve to separate us God and His will for us. Forgive them and then move on with your life so you can be the good parent that the Father would have you be."

"What may help is for you to remember that ultimately God is your Father. Not the man who you feel forgot his duty to you. Embrace that thought. Your Father in Heaven wants all good for you the way a father should. He sent good people into your life all along when yours parents' decisions kept them out of it."

YES!

No comments: