Well, I just finisehd another book from Mitch Albom. It was good and I couldn't put it down. It is said to know that many of us, including me, don't treat people right during our lives..I don't know what I think or what I need to change...I am still processing the book.....it is ironic that I am reading this book today when I am having a personal issue in my life that hits close to this story. I will say this is a good read and would recommend it to friends and family. I am trying hard to process the information but for now, I am going to remind myself a few quotes from the book.
"Divorce comes from the word 'divertere' which means to divert....All divorce does is divert you, taking you away from everything you thought you knew and everything you thought you wanted and steering you into all kinds of other stuff..."
"You have to work at marriage together and you have to love three things. You need to love each other, your children, your marriage. What I meant by that last one is, there may be times that you fight, and sometimes you and her won't even like each other, but those are the times you have to love your marriage. It's like a third party. Look at your wedding photos. Look at any memories you've made. And if you believe in those memories, they will pull you back together." - letter from Chick's mom that was found in his personal belongings after he died.
"I also believe that parents, if they love you, will hold you up safely, above the swirling waters, and sometimes that means you'll never know what they endured, and you may treat them unkindly, in a way you otherwise wouldn't. But there's a story behind everything....Sometimes the stories are simple, and sometimes they are hard and heartbreaking. But behind all your stories is always your mother's story, because hers is where yours begins."
No comments:
Post a Comment