Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Update on us

Well, I tend to spend more time updating Myspace as many of my friends are there and it is easy to share pictures with friends. I like to come back here from time to time to revisit where we have been and where we are going. So here I am with another update from Concord, NC!

I still can't believe that we live here. Sometimes it feels as if it is all a dream. I was just telling JC the other day that sometimes I forget I am here and it isn't until I see a NC license plate that I remember that I am on the roads of NC and not VA. I spent 30 years in VA and to be honest, I sometimes feel that I am still there....it's crazy, I know....I love our house. I love going out in the backyard, it is the place I feel most at peace. Sometimes I think it is my own personal peace of Heaven. I am strong enough to admit that without the help of God I wouldn't own this. And who really ever owns their property....I believe that I am just borrowing from God until it's my time to join him in Heaven. Just as I know my kids don't belong to me. They are God's children and He has blessed me with the task of raising them. In the past year or so, I feel that I am failing in my duties. I wanted to move down here to spend more time with them. I thought by working from home, I would have more quality time with them, but it doesn't seem to happen. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful to have a job with the ability to work from here, but it is very hard to manage a house and a full time job and 3 kids. I have been struggling and didn't know why. I actually thought about getting medicine to control my emotions (and anger), but I believe I have done something better. I have allowed Jesus back into my life. Don't get me wrong, He has always been here...ALWAYS...but He was knocking and I wouldn't let Him in. I don't know where it will lead me, but I do know I am walking there with more peace in my heart then I had a month ago. I hope to join this church that we found and become a part of the congregation in all aspects and not just as a Sunday member! The one suggestion that my doctor gave me was to limit the sports that I allow the boys to join. They have played Basketball and Baseball every year and do Cub Scouts, this year Jeremy starts Baseball, and the boys chose to not play. As sad as I was to hear that, I allowed them to make that choice, so right now it is just Jeremy's teeball and the boys in Boy Scouts...and guess what, I don't feel so stressed!!

I am trying to work hard on me and my family. We are trying to learn more about God's word and have all ready learned so much in these past 3 weeks and we will be baptised (again for me) in the church. This is a big step for me. Not because of being baptised (I was baptised as a baby in the Lutheran Church), but because I have always let my feelings about myself and how I look, I have always chose to ignore a call to the front because I was worried that people would think I was fat. Well guess what, I know I am fat and now that I have been to the front, it doesn't seem to be as big a deal to me. The only person I need to please is Jesus and He loves everybody for their souls and not what they look like. :-) It sure has taken me awhile to get to this point!

OK, so now that I have shared the best news about our new life as children of God, I will recap a little about what else has gone on in our lives. James and Randall just graduated and crossed over from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts in a great ceremony where they earned their Arrow of Light. This is the highest rank in Cub Scouts and I am very proud of thekir hard work. I am praying that they are up for the challenge of being a Boy Scout and I can't believe next Fall brings the fact that I will have children in MIDDLE SCHOOL. Jeremy will be turning 5 in May and will be going to Chuck E Cheese for his birthday. This is kind of big for him because we have never done a Chuck E Cheese for a party and he is very excited. He has been asking for this party since we went last October (him and I) while JC and the boys attended the Martinsville Race. He is finally old enough to play sports and loves it. He is doing Teeball right now and said he wants to do Soccer in the Fall. The boys want to try Football this year but Jeremy is still too young. He will do Soccer this year and wants to do Football next year.

I have been in the process of planning two Family Reunions. One for my dad's family - The Wines and one for my Mom's family - the Millers. Last weekend was the Wine Family Reunion in VA. We had a pretty good turnout, with about 60-65 people in attendance. This was very good, considering it was only 50 degrees. The weather held out great for us and I was very excited. There was a small irritant that I really took to heart, and it makes me wonder why anybody whoe doesn't want to be part of our family, would come and bring her daughter who feels the same way. Up until two days ago, it was eating me up, I shouldn't have wasted my feelings on it though. I should have just given it up to the Lord and pray that one day she learns that there is more in this life then what she can do to further herself. I am content in my life and I know not everybody is, and I need to give them a break. That will be my prayer for myself today, to not expect perfection from other people. To not let other people bring me down in their pursuit of UN-Happiness.

Well - I need to get to work, so I will cut this off now. I am going to try to use this more. I am attaching a few pictures of the last couple of months. Love to all. Bobbie


"Jeremy,Randall, Robbie, James, Jack, Earvin, and Madison at Christmas time"


"JC, James and Randall at the Arrow of Light Ceremony"



"Jeremy - the first time he wrote his name"

"Hemi and Krissie getting loved by me"

"The new puppy - Blondie"

No comments: