Well I wrote this blog on Myspace earlier mainly because there are many of my Myspace friends who don't believe in God. You find this out when you read their survey answers. Last week at church our Pastor talked about us proclaiming our love for God to tell people what He is doing in my life. He is doing great things in my life and maybe one day soon He will finally enable me to talk in front of a crowd, but for now this is a start. I want to start proclaiming my love for Him in BLOG form. Sure maybe some people will read it and some won't...but even if it helps just one person come to know Him....that is the point...RIGHT? So here it is, I have copied it on the off chance that anybody actually is reading my Blogger Blog.
I got this great book from the library last night written by Billy Graham and absolutely love this paragraph so I thought I would share it with everybody. I have been let down so many times in my life that hearing this really put things into perspective for me.
"Human friends my fail us, but God never will. He wants to be our friend, and for us to be His friends as well. Once you understand this, your life will never be the same." - Billy Graham
And one more....I like this too because I think this is what I have experience throughout my life. I have cut some of the sentences out, to say what stood out for me:
"Why are we so restless? Why are we constantly searching for lasting peace and contentment, andyet never fully satisfied? The Bible says this happens to us for a very good reason: We are incomplete without God. If we leave Him out of our lives, we have an empty place in our souls, a yearning deep inside us that God can satisfy. No matter how hard we try, if we ignore God that hollow place stays with us, and our search for lasting peace and happiness will be futile." - Billy Graham
That sums it up for me. I grew during my childhood in faith and although I never lost my faith for Jesus Christ, I didn't grow with it anymore after 5th grade. I let a seperation come between me and my faith and have felt lost since then. I have tried occasionally to bring it back into my life and into the lives of my children and never could seem to do it. Finally, finally....we have seen what truly happens when we allow Him into our world. The best word to describe it is PEACE.
I know there are alot of you that may read this that are sceptical and don't know God and that is why I am writing this. I want to proclaim my love for Him, I want to tell the world that I know him and what He has done for me, and I want other people to come to know Him like I have. I know if you are not sure about Him, a few words from me may not affect your life, so I only want to say this and then I will leave it alone:
I have no question that Jesus died for my sins and that God created me. I know that I have been blessed in ways that many can't see or understand. I have this belief that is hard for some people to fathom, but to those people I want you to think about this, "I would rather live my life believing there is a God and find out after I die that there isn't, then to live my life believing there is not a God and find out that there is." God promises many great things for those that believe in Him. Eternal life is the biggest blessing that I have received. Knowing that I won't be going to hell is just as big.
I love you all - God Bless You!
Bobbie
No comments:
Post a Comment