Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Anger is a Great Motivator...Part 2

Today was the third day in a row that I walked. It was hard to roll out of bed, but I did it and I walked 1.77 miles and went a little longer than I did yesterday.  June, our newest neighbor was outside and asked if I wanted a partner, so it looks like maybe I will have her as another motivator. I sure know I need it.  I am still angry but I am trying not to dwell on it.  I am starting to loathe Social Media, so if I could step back from it, I think that would definitely help.

So yesterday, I shared that I was back over 300 pounds. This makes me angry!  But I want to do something about it, so I am going to set my first small goal.  I was 310 at the doctors a couple of weeks ago.  I might be more now, but I am going off of my scale (naked).  This morning I was 307.9.  My first goal is to get down to 297 (just a little more than 10 pounds).  It might take me awhile, but once I hit that goal, I will set my next one.  I am always trying to aim for the BIG goal but that has never worked for me, even when I had the sleeve surgery.

I know my food choices and drinking water is key.  I am not going to try to work on all three at the same time, right away, but yesterday I did drink 3 small waters which is 30 ounces. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but for me, it is pretty good. I have rarely been able to meet the recommended 60 ounces per day.....but I will try.

I don't have much time to talk about much anger today, which is probably a good thing, but I am still going to use it as a motivator.  Until next time.

No comments: