Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Yard Sale, LifeChain, etc....

Well - things are getting busy again...but I am determined to keep up with this blog. Last week I sold the drum set and a box of CDs before the yard sale started and I had all ready made $105...after the yard sale, I had $220 towards my Emergency Fund. I took $20 out of this to give to the church, so when I opened my new Savings Account yesterday, I deposited $20. I have listed more stuff on Craig's List and hopefully today somebody is coming to pick up 2 series of movies for $20 each. We were blessed to get this much and I am thankful for having a start.


On Sunday, JC and the boys and I all participated in LifeChain which is a silent stand against abortion. It was a very moving experience for me. I have never done something like that before, but it felt good. We had a busy day as I worked in the nursery during first service, attended the 2nd service, left there around 12 and had to meet at 1:45 for LifeChain, then we got home around 3:30, the boys had to be back at the church for Collision at 5, Jeremy had choir at 6. I was pooped, but having a church family is so wonderful and I love being there and being involved.

Somebody from the church gave me a gift card to Wal-mart because they thought I could use it. I want to cry....it is the nicest thing to have people caring about you. My first thought was to help pay for groceries with it, then we thought, maybe we could save it to be able to get one or two small gifts for the boys for Christmas, but this morning we realized that we need to buy the bigger boys some clothes. They are growing out of everything. I still need to find a way to get new uniforms and their sashes for Boy Scouts, but I am not going to concern myself with that right now....we are just going to keep putting it in God's hands. He is so wonderful! We have been praying and asking for prayers for our situation...and He delivers!

I offered to help Jeremy's teacher with her Fall Festival basket which was Children's books. Here is the finished product. I think it turned out great.


Jeremy posing with his friend - Mr Punkin - we had to get some seeds for his October Calendar homework and he wanted to draw the face...which he did all by himself.

Here is one of Jeremy showing off his homework. I haven't taken any recent pics of James and Randall, but I will. They are growing so fast and they are so busy with Collision, Awana, and Boy Scouts and I sent in the paperwork for them to start Basketball...all 3 of them...WOW!

OK - so my lunch time is almost over....its back to work I go!


No comments: