Thursday, May 04, 2017

Busyness/Laziness of my World

Time is passing and the pain is getting more bearable.  I miss her at odd times.  The problem is with me working from home, she was always with me.  If I was working and she wanted attention, she would sit on top of my papers, or behind my monitor trying to grab my pen, or on top of my chair, or on my lap.  I miss holding her like a baby and driving her crazy by grabbing her tail and making her bite it.  I miss going to lay in bed (to get warm since it feels like a freezer in here) and her coming to cuddle with me.  I miss going to the bathroom and her following me in (although Hemi still comes sometimes, when he wants something - HA).  I have done really good about crying, except for when JC brought me flowers home and right now as I write this.  The Lord has definitely granted me peace and for that I am grateful.

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

So as usual, life get busy.  I tend to be saying I don't have time for this or for that, but in all honesty, I I feel busy and lazy at the same time.  I stay very busy and at the end of the day, I just don't feel like doing anything, especially anything that takes thinking.  I have so much I need/want to do when my work day is over, but I just can't seem to find the will to do it.  My mind goes in a hundred different directions all day long, so I think by COB it just shuts down.

OIAM was somewhat of a success.  I was a basket case and for the first time since they have trusted me to be a leader, I felt ill-prepared for the task this past Sunday.  But my team showed up.  They held me up when I would have given up.  They forgave my forgetfulness, and they just rolled with the punches.  They gave me grace, when I definitely didn't feel it.  God gave me peace that day too.  I was frantic looking for something I had misplaced and heading back to the church I found myself speeding.  I know He was there, I may not have seen or heard Him, but I know he gave me peace, that showed my weary soul that everything would be OK.

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"

Operation In As Much (OIAM) is about helping our community.  Our church gets together for one day with the hopes that people continue to minister to that community the rest of the year.  Our "helping hands" group made 176 blessing bags for the Homeless, 237 welcome bags to hand out the Riverwalk community to invite them to GAKAC in August, decorated 75 bins for the Summer Fun baskets, made 25 prayer boxes, made 50 Salvation bracelets for children who's parents are incarcerated, tied 25 blankets for the pregnancy center, and made 25 Get Well Mugs that were delivered to Meals on Wheels yesterday so they can be delivered to their shut ins.  Even with my panic, forgetfulness, and an almost panic attack, it was good.

Matthew 25:35-36 "For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me."

 The next couple of months will continue to get busier.  We are working on getting JC's parent's moved down here.  We will go up in a couple of weeks to start to help them pack/clean their current apartment and again in mid-June to finish the task and bring them down here.  We need to get them furniture, get the electric hooked up, get them renter's insurance, pay the down payment, and get them moved.  In the midst of all of that, we are also having a yard sale, have been invited to a couple of graduation parties, attending the end of year carnival for the children of incarcerated parents to hand out the Summer Fun boxes we made.  Jeremy is still playing soccer through the first week of June, he is turning 14 next week, and I need to clean my house and try to downsize some of the stuff I don't love or use.  Now if I can just get the energy to do this, everything will be OK :-)

Ephesians 5:15-17 "Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is."

No comments: