Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Focusing on Me (and my Family)

For so many years, I have focused on helping others.  I know this is what God has called me to do, so I have worked hard to make sure I do everything I can for anybody who needs me.  But what I have realized is that by focusing on everybody else, I tend to not focus on my needs or those of my family.  I have decided in 2018, I will be focus on us.  I have pushed my student loans out so much that the amount plus the interest is literally hanging around my neck like a noose.  I don't want to pay on this debt for the rest of my life.  This is not the best time to pay on these loans for several reasons, but I know if I don't start soon, I won't have the financial or emotional means to continue to help others.

A few things have happened over the past couple of months.  We were in an accident on JC's birthday which ended up costing us his truck.  The truck was totaled because the cost of repairs were more than it was worth.  We used the money we got from the insurance company as a down payment on a newer used vehicle.  We paid the Honda off in December, but have now replaced it with a new payment for the Explorer we got.  I was able to get a reduction of the payment on my school loans, but I don't want to just pay the minimum.  I want to work to get it paid down while still paying my other monthly bills and debt.  In 2018, we will be transitioning the NPAC (where I have worked for the past 15 years) to a new company after 5 long years since we lost the contract.  I don't know where I will be in June, but I am trusting in the Lord to provide, because He has never let us down.  We have always had what we need and more.  In the meantime, I am going to try to do a few fundraisers and find a second part-time job working from home.  Every extra penny I make, I am going to put towards the school loan.  I have created another blog that I am using to support those endeavors.

Randall had surgery last week on his left knee.  He had his ACL reconstructed and 2 miniscus tears that were repaired.  He has to stay off of his leg for at least 6 weeks.  We are trying to decide how he will get back to school for the winter semester.

Christmas was a fun and relaxing time and we are looking forward to seeing my family on Thursday of this week.  For now, that is all.  I love the new desk JC got me for Christmas, so I hope to feel up to blogging more in the near future. 

Happy 2018!

No comments: