Wednesday, September 13, 2017

If it Causes you Peace; it is Too Expensive

Earlier today on Facebook, I saw this post






This is so true and something I am working on.  There is so much going on in this world that makes peace a fleeting memory, but I choose to rely on the hope of God and eternal life with Him.  I tend not to overreact to issues, but I do see how sometimes I let anger and hurt take over.  I have decided that I am not going to let narcissistic people devalue me or my reputation.  I have decided that my time is just as valuable as other's believe theirs is.  I am a busy person.  I am a mom, a full time worker, a child of God who is always trying to help people, but I get tired.  I have decided that peace is better than having friends who bring negativity into every aspect of their life and as a result into mine.  I have decided to search for peace instead of turmoil.  I have decided that in order to get peace, I need to declutter my mind, my body, and my spirit.  I am not there yet, but I am prepared to start today.  Here are a few bible verses that I found regarding peace. I definitely need to focus hard on the 1 Thessalonians verse as I have not acted but definitely thought about pay back this week.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace in this world. You will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

"Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

"They must turn from evil and do good; they must seek peace and pursue it." 1 Peter 3:11

"Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else." 1 Thessalonians 5:15

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

"Deceit is in the hearts of those who plot evil, but those who promote peace have joy." Proverbs 12:20

"The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace." Psalm 29:11

"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you." Isaiah 26:3





No comments: