
This picture makes me think about how big God truly is.
It was a long trip, mostly paid for by my job...but we still spent our fair share of money between gas, food, and souvenirs. The boys and JC got on each others nerves a little bit while they were stuck in the hotel between 7am and 12pm while I worked, but otherwise, we had a lot of fun.
On Saturday night we got in late, ordered pizza, and I took the boys down to the pool for a little bit. Sunday, we got up, ate breakfast and got on the road. We started out by going to Indianapolis, IN to the Indianapolis Speedway.

But after standing in line for a grounds tour for over an hour and not really getting anywhere, as a family we discussed our options...because had we continued to wait, we wouldn't make it to Nashville, TN to see Jeremy preach at his church's Easter Service. I was just frustrated enough to say we would forget about going there, when Randall got visibly upset and said that we had promised we would go. JC and I both conceded so we got out of line without ever even going into the museum, stopped for lunch and got on the road to Nashville. I didn't think about getting any pictures while I was there, but what I took away from there is far more priceless. Jeremy Rose at the Axis Church in Nashville, used to be the youth pastor at my church here in NC. He left about a year ago to plant a church in Nashville and this was his first Easter he ever preached. I am so glad we made it to see his sermon. I am glad because he taught me a lot. I have believed in my Lord Jesus my entire life, but I haven't always lived like I have. But the things he preached about were new to me and made such sense to my head and to my heart. I am glad we made it! (and thankful for the time difference between timezones).
We got home after midnight on Sunday, and Monday through Friday, I worked from 7am until 12 noon each day. After I got off, I would go pick up JC and the boys, and we would make our way to other places. Monday we hung out in Louisville, KY (I tried to teach JC to say Lou-uh-vul like I have heard so many people say, but he refused...until he started talking to somebody and it slipped out...SCORE! LOL. But anyway...we went to the Louisville Slugger Museum and the Glass Works Museum. Both were very interesting, but I had another moment while watching three men in the shop blowing glass.

Because it wasn't just about how it was being done...because that was amazing...but it was the story behind WHAT they were making. See the older guy came out of the room..I like to call it the sweat shop because it was well over 120 degrees in there. But the older man came out and started talking to JC and told him what they were making. The two younger boys were his sons. One is a doctor. The other a glass blower who has worked and learned under many people all over the country. But they worked together on this particular day to make an urn for their sister, this man's 28-year old daughter who died a week before from complications of Diabetes. This was their 2nd try because the first one didn't form correctly....and it was a hard, hot, amazing job being done by both of the boys and at one time (before the man came to talk to us)the glass blower son had his dad take a turn at blowing the glass...so they all had a small piece to do with making it....and so when they accomplished this and hugged...I cried...and I don't have a picture of the boys hugging because I cried and it took me a minute to realize what a special moment it was for them...and I don't need my camera to remember that moment because it is engraved on my heart. I did get a picture of the doctor son and the father hugging while the glass blower stood there looking very pleased. I didn't want to leave. It. Was. Amazing.

After we left there, we went to walk down by the Ohio River, then went back to car, crossed the Ohio River into Indiana and ate dinner at a restaurant that overlooked the river. We then went home and watched 24 and went to bed.
On Tuesday, we drove to Cincinnati, OH to a park that was closed (except on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) but they still had some animals and the boys played on the playground for a little bit.

On Wednesday, we stayed in Kentucky and went to Kart Kountry. The boys and JC loved this day the best. It was very expensive but the rides/lines moved alot smoother than any place we have ever been...and I tell you what...watch out for Jeremy if you are ever in a car near him. That boy was out of control....he was a good driver, but did a little more bumping and running than a momma likes :-)

On Thursday, we drove 4+ hours to St. Louis, MO to see the arch. Seeing it was all we could do because by the time we got there, the tickets had all been sold out for the last ride up. I was bummed...but it was still an amazing site to see. After we left, we drove into Illinois and ate dinner at a steak restaurant and got back to the hotel around midnight again.



On Friday, we went to the Louisville zoo. It was a literal zoo in the parking lot when we got there, but inside it wasn't too bad. I liked the layout of the zoo and seeing that we were able to get in free with out zoo pass from our zoo here, I thought it was great. I felt bad for some of the animals...to me they all looked so sad and there were some pretty sad stories to go along with the animals. The 2 bald eagles they have apparently were both shot and are each missing a wing. I also heard that the new baby gorilla has already had a very tough life...from what I hear (and just confirmed here - http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20100409/NEWS01/4090351/Injured+baby+gorilla+at+Louisville+Zoo+getting+better)she was injured during a skirmish by her father. It sounds like she lost part of her leg and suffered a fracture. How sad....and I wonder what made the father snap like that. They are separated now and I didn't see any sign of the baby at all. I saw 3 gorillas-the one looked so sad/miserable...take a look:

And today...we drove home. We left around 9:30 and got home around 7. All in all it was a good week...now back to the real world.
No comments:
Post a Comment