I ran across a blog just by chance yesterday....well I guess it was God's plan really. Nothing in our life is really by chance. This
blog is the most honest, heartfelt, spiritual thing I have ever read. This family is amazing. I spent several hours yesterday reading their story and cried almost the whole time. Not only is she trying to deal with her pain, she is trying to help families all over the world who have experienced the loss of a child. I never knew that October 15th is National Day of Remembrance for pregnancy and infant loss. It's been about 13 years since I lost our first pregnancy. It was May of 1995. I had only been out of high school for almost a year. My husband and I weren't married and quite frankly we were going through a very rough patch and were barely even talking by the time I miscarried at 14 weeks. I found out at 12 weeks that the sac was empty. Nothing was growing in there and they said I would miscarry within 2 weeks. I don't know if it was because I didn't believe them or because I refuse to consider that possibility, but I refused to listen to them when they said I should be scheduled to have a D&C. To me that was abortion. I couldn't do it so I refused. It caused me much pain about 10 days later, but it felt better mentall to me. I have since had 3 beautiful children, but I still think about that baby. My husband helped me soothe me when he said he felt that God had given us our baby back when he blessed us with twins in 1997. The only problem I have is wondering....because I want to believe that I will meet that baby in Heaven one day, but since nothing was growing inside of me, I wonder......I guess all I can continue to do is look up towards Heaven and find out when I get there!
Anyway, I got way off track with my thoughts there....this blog is a place I want to go to everyday. I feel blessed to be able to share their life with them and to get some helpful hints on how to live in faith the way this family does. Like the Praying for your children 7 times every day for 7 days. Check out this button below.
I hope you all have a great weekend!
Bobbie
No comments:
Post a Comment