Well another month has come and gone. Alot has changed since the beginning of March. The world is in a Pandemic due to COVID-19 or the Coronavirus. This virus was found back in November/December in China but supposedly just made it's way here in March. The entire country is basically shut down. Hundreds of thousands of people have lost their jobs. Stores are sold out of things like toilet paper, paper towels, lysol and clorox cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, canned foods, meats. It is incredible how selfish some people were at the beginning of this. People went around buying up all of the supply and then selling it on Amazon at double or triple the price. At this point, I just want to be able to order my in-laws groceries without spending extra time replacing items that are sold out by the time I place my order. I would like to be able to make my list and know I can feed my family for two weeks. It is getting somewhat better now, but it was a little scary for a little bit there. The Governor of NC has us on lock down. We are supposed to be in our houses unless we have to be out for essential needs like doctor's appointments or getting food. So many small businesses will be shut down by this. States are having problems keeping up with the unemployment requests. I am so blessed to have a job and a company who is allowing us to work from home 100% of the time. The brands (Food Lion, Hannaford, Giant, Giant Food, and Stop & Shop) have hired thousands of people to stock, clean, and check out customers and plan to hire even more in the upcoming weeks. JC feels trapped in the house. He is struggling especially since all sports have been cancelled. There is no Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Racing. He doesn't know what to do. For me, I actually love it. Other than worrying about the food aspect, I like being home all the time, especially for work. I like that the boys are all home, except Randall when he is working. I like that things have slowed down and we are eating more meals together as a family. I do miss watching Jeremy play sports. All sports are shut down and he had just started playing for a Club league for the first time this spring. I feel sorry for the girls soccer team at South Rowan. They were doing so well. They were 5-0 when it was stopped. Some seniors won't get a prom or graduation. South Rowan has said they will it might just look different then they expected.
I haven't crafted in a couple of weeks. I just haven't felt motivated. I also haven't read. We planted new bushes and I attempted to start cleaning/organizing my office space. I am going to try real hard to finish that task up this weekend. Things are kind of just in limbo right now. I did make JC just new shirts and I a memorial box for Gladys. I am going to see what else I can get into this weekend. On top of my full time job, which I am doing at home, I have also gotten a second job that is temporary but pays real good. It is a data entry project that should last through April and if they like my work, they may ask for help again. I am hoping it can be a long term deal and that it can help me pay down my debt a little at a time. For a part time job where I don't have to leave my house, it is amazing and it is dealing with contracts, so I think it is pretty great, but that will take away some of my crafting time.
That is really all that is going on right now. It is almost 8 so I am going to sign off and start my day. I am so thankful it is Friday. It has been a long week.
Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment