Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Fibroids...PCOS...Menopause....oh My!

I had my follow-up appointment with Dr. Rollins today and have been cleared to go back to normal activities.  I am excited.  I have gained so much weight over the past 2 years, now that I feel so much better (little to no pain/cramps), I want to get back to exercising and hopefully learning to eat right and drop some of this weight.

My appointment went well, everything looks good, however, I am a little bummed and that drives me crazy.  I should just be happy, but she confirmed that I will continue to have PCOS until I hit menopause.  I was hoping that wouldn't be the case....but such is life.  PCOS will end once I hit menopause but then....well...then there is menopause. But I am grateful. I am no longer in pain, so I can handle this.

I didn't want to say anything because I wasn't sure that JC heard her right after my surgery, but she confirmed today that my uterus was huge.  Huge as in a normal uterus weighs 50 grams and mine was 344 grams.  Normally it is approximately 7 cm, but mine was 15.5 cm.  Most of that size came from one of the fibroids which was 6.5cm.  I feel like knowing this has validated me.  I wasn't crazy.  The pain was real. It was constant. It was causing lower back pain, cramps, the need of a heating pad even on days when I wasn't on my period. It was causing shooting pain down my legs and at times made me feel as if I was going to pass out from the intense pain.  The pain is gone and I am happy....if I have a little pity party, it will be over soon.  Below are some pictures I found on Google so one day I will be able to look back at this and see how very blessed that I have been given a new lease on life and I want to do something with it.




No comments: