Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Looking Forward to 2020

Well, it is New Years Eve at the end of 2019.  As we head into 2020, I thought I would take a minute to reflect on the past year and look forward to new things in the upcoming year.

2019 wasn't as bad as 2018, in fact, I feel like it flew by faster than any other year of my life.  Every year, we struggle with debt, so this year was no different, however, it was a little easier to breathe after getting hired full time last February.  In the new year, I want to focus on getting that debt paid down so I can't breathe even better.

Some of the good things that happened in 2019:
* Got hired full time at RBS.  The building is 6 minutes away and I get to work from home 2 days a week.
* Made some new friends/acquaintances.  I hate to say friends because honestly, I feel like I am a "forgotten" friend. Very few of my friends call me, check on me, or anything. If I am included, it is usually as an after-thought. If I don't call them first, we just don't talk...and I have become okay with that.  I have met several new people at work and have made new friendships.  Audra and I have hung out and plan to work on crafts next year.  She has been very good to me and even came to sit with me after I had surgery.
* Completed a 6-month program through UNCC to obtain a Paralegal Certification (and will sit for the NC State Bar Paralegal exam in April).
* Refinanced the house and no longer have to deal with the most horrible customer service department in the world.
* Watched Jeremy play Soccer and Basketball
* Got a Cricut machine
* FINALLY, I had a hysterectomy on December 13th.  This was originally scheduled back in 2018 but once I lost my job, I had to cancel it.  I should have just done it in May instead of waiting, but alas, shoulda...woulda...coulda....I am about 2.5 weeks out from surgery and I am already so grateful for the relief of pain. I hope it only gets better from here.  I have had minimal pain from the actual surgery, the incisions have healed, and so far no extreme pain or shooting pain down my leg.  I am grateful.

So in 2020, I want to do more.  I want to give more, I want to pay more on my debt, I want to make more crafts, I want to hike, I want to walk more, I want to walk more towards the Run the Year 2020 program that Kim, Mom, and I signed up for again, I want to read more, and I want to spend more quality time with my family.  I want to find a new church and actually start going again. I want to blog/journal more. I want to get back to being more of who I used to be.  I want to actually send out letters/cards this year, spend less time on electronics, and try to lose some of this excess weight.  I think if the weight of the world is released (journaling) and the weight of this body is decreased, I will feel so much better about myself.

So this is me. This is who I want to be in the future.  Happy New Years from Salisbury, NC!!

No comments: