So it's been a long month. I still have several posts to finish for my Self-Confidence class that I took, but I have been super busy....tired...sick this past month. Several things have happened to delay me from making this post. I wish I would have done it earlier but physically I just haven't felt up to it. I started school for my Paralegal Certification on June 6th, so that is where the "tired" comes in. I have been fighting allergies/sinus issues for about a month now, that is the "sick". I don't remember ever feeling this bad. I have had chills and sweats (no fever though which is crazy), stuffy head, runny eyes and nose; I have gone through several rolls of toilet paper and an entire box of kleenex in the past week. I am excited though because today I had an appointment with a new Allergy doctor here in Salisbury. She was great. The office staff was great. She has started me on a new antibiotic regimen for 10 days. The steroids I was given on Friday didn't knock this out. She gave me Singulair, which is a new allergy medicine, but can be used temporarily while I am unable to take my Allegra. I will get allergy tests on Monday and then hopefully start back on my shots. I am looking forward to being able to hear and breathe and think without feeling like I am in a bubble.
With all of that being said, there is a reason I have finally come back to make a post. On June 11th, JC and I went to VA to see Jack Graduate. Jeremy was at JROTC camp and James and Randall were holding the fort down for us. James sent me a message first thing on Wednesday morning to let me know that Shadow had died over the night. I knew it was coming. He lived almost 2 years longer than Snickers. The past 6 months was not a good time for him. He was having problems with his pooping. I thought for sure he was going to die last October, but he kept on going. I honestly believe he waited for me to leave. It breaks my heart that I wasn't here, but I am glad he is no longer in pain. He was such a trooper and probably the easiest pet we ever had. He loved oranges and red peppers and at times I think that was the only reason he kept on living. I have added him to my shelf with the rest of our animals. We aren't going to get anymore guinea pigs. We aren't the best pet owners, we love them and feed them, and take care of them, but I always feel guilty that we didn't do enough for them. We were blessed to have Shadow for 5 years and we will miss him. I surely hope that Shadow, Snickers, Hemi, Krissie, Grace, Scooter, Skeeter, and even Bleu are together somewhere. I hope that Hemi and Krissie are giving Snickers and Shadow a bath, and I hope one day that I will see them again. Maybe I won't, I honestly don't know what happens to animals, but I do know that God blesses people with animals in their lives for a reason. We wouldn't hurt so bad for them if we weren't made to love them. Goodbye for now Shadow. Thank you for being so easy going.





No comments:
Post a Comment