Sunday, June 17, 2018

So Many Changes....So Little Time

So it's been 4 months since I last wrote.  In some ways it zoomed past but other ways it seems as if it has been moving in slow motion.  So much has happened/changed since that last post.

Hemi is now taking a 1/2 steroid pill every day.  He is doing pretty good.  I wait with bated breath and pray that the pill will sustain him for many years....but know that there is always a chance, he could die tomorrow.  I am trying to enjoy every minute I have with him for now.

The biggest change that happened was we bought a house in April.  We moved from Concord to Salisbury.  From Cabarrus to Rowan.  We used the last 3 months to move slowly and finally fully moved last week after Jeremy finished school.  This is a big change for all of us and I feel like the boys all are angry with me because of this.....but it's a done deal now.  It will be a house that JC and I can grow old in.  We are down-sizing but we do have more property.  This neighborhood is so quiet.

Of course, the other big change, which is wreaking havoc right now on us....is I lost my job effective May 31st.  Not only have we lost the only income we had coming in, but I feel like I have lost part of my identity.  For so many years, I lived and breathed Neustar.  I carried a pager and was on call 24/7 basically. I worked 10-12 hours a day sitting at this desk...and now I am not.  It is a blessing and a curse.  I am actively looking for a new job now.

I am sad. I am a little hurt. But I am trusting that God has bigger and better plans for me and I am learning a lot about patience in this time right now.

Next week, we will have a yard sale and then we will turn in the keys at the other house.  We lived in that house longer than any other place we have ever lived.  I am sad on one hand but happy on the other.  Sometimes I don't know how I feel, and that scares me.

This is it for now....I will try to write more soon.

No comments: