This year has had its ups and downs. Every time I think I am getting ahead, I feel like I fall a little behind. I have been working on the Armor of God Bible study, but am about 2 weeks behind right now. I know this is part of why I am feeling so BLAH right now, but yet I don't push myself to just get up and do it. I am falling behind in work because there just isn't enough time to get everything done. Getting up and walking in the mornings is helping mentally and physically, and I am enjoying being able to walk towards some virtual race goals. I have nothing to be be BLAH about, and yet here I am. Here I sit eating Hershey Kisses that I found when I should be doing so many other things. I could be working on my bible study, cleaning my office, scrapbooking, reading, outside walking....
A few weeks ago I was thinking about setting up another blog to help me focus on losing weight, losing the clutter (in my mind and in my house), and setting up a fund raising event to try to help get rid of my school debt. The debt is hanging around my neck like a noose. It is astronomical and I think some times just thinking about it puts me in a funk. I pay so much interest, I don't think the principle will ever decrease. I do plan to consolidate the loans in October/November to help decrease some of the interest and I know my payment will increase at the same time, so we should have the car paid off in December and then that payment amount will go towards the school loans. I go back and forth about ways I can earn extra money to get these paid down. It is a burden I bought onto my family and I want to fix it, but ultimately, I know I am giving it to God, and He has blessed me beyond anything I deserve, and we will be fine. I just need to trust in Him and in His timing. I can't tell if my ideas for getting money are me trying to control things or ideas from Him, but until I hear a definite answer, I don't want to move.
Clutter in my mind, body, and home is what I want to start working on. I want to clean up my act, clean up my habits, and make more room to honor God in everything I do. I want to say yes when He wants me to say yes and No when He wants me to say no. I want to get rid of the excess and be free to enjoy the abundant life God has given to me.
I guess this is To Be Continued......
No comments:
Post a Comment