Saturday, July 14, 2012

Discombobulated

I don't even know if I spelled the title right, and as with most things lately, I don't really care.  That is why I decided to sit down and make time to write.  It has been a month and 9 days since I last wrote.  Things have changed drastically since then. 

The school year has ended, we have vacationed in VA and in Elizabeth City, Rick has gone back home to be with his family (against our wishes), and I have been diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism....I googled it and it made me a little nervous...but honestly, reading the symptoms made me feel better about how I have been feeling lately.  I was kind of worried it might be something worse, because I am so "discombobulated" lately that life seems very hard right now.  I am trying to stay upbeat, but I am worried and I am praying that they are able to see me soon and that I won't have to do radiation or surgery, but that whatever this is, can be controlled with pills.

Back in March, when I missed my period, I thought it was because I had missed a few doses of my Metformin, which I used because I have PCOS and it helps regulate my periods....who knew this was a sign of an issue with my thyroid?  I am forgetful, lethargic, unable to complete tasks, unable/unwilling to even clean my house at times.  I have been saying "I think I am going through menopause" because at times, I feel like I am burning up from the inside out.  I am often sad or just in a lot of pain so I don't feel like moving half the time.  Hair loss, frequent BMs, itching, sweating at times, and shaking hands....the list continues...but mainly, I am tired all the time and I had a dizzy spell, which caused me to go to the doctor, which caused him to order the blood tests and send me for a sleep test, which I just completed last night. I don't know yet what they are going to do for me, but I am glad I can rest assured that I am not depressed or going crazy, but that there is truly something wrong with me and maybe, just maybe they can help me control this thing.  I hate the idea of being on medicines the rest of my life, but I won't be here forever...one day I will be in Heaven and there will be no more sorrow, no more pain, no more tears, and no more heartache...what a glorious day that will be!

I have decided to go back to get my Master's Degree, which will take me 3 years.  I hope by that time, I will be able to afford to start paying off my school loans.  The twins are currently taking Drivers Ed through the school...how is it possible that I am old enough for that?  My dad called me last week to tell me that they thought he was having a stroke last Monday, but he didn't (thank goodness), but he did have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, Type 2 diabetes, something wrong with his liver, and a cyst on his brain.  The doctor is most concerned about his diabetes right now, but he will also have a MRI on his brain.  My mom ruptured her hernia again and will have to have surgery in the next weeks to repair it again.  My sister, Kim had to have a spot removed from her head, which was worse than they had anticipated and is now awaiting results from the pathologist.  I am trying to remain calm.  I know the Lord is with me through all of this and I am praying that He is with all of us.  It is hard when you aren't sure if a loved one knows about His saving grace.

Our Give a Kid a Chance program is happening in a few weeks...so far we have 294 children signed up, our goal is 400, so we are almost there.  I love this program and I am so honored to be a part of it.

I guess that is good enough for now.  I am going to head to bed and hopefully not feel so bad tomorrow.  Mornings are the best for me, but by 3pm or so, I start feeling like a truck has hit me.

No comments: